Origins Online (ELC)
Smythson Travel Wallet
My most recent buy is a loud Fuchsia Pink travel wallet from Smythson of Bond Street in London. Having travelled extensively over the last 10 years, I wonder why I have never thought of getting one until this trip. My UK colleague carries one from Bally and I am amazed just how organised he looked with it. How many times have I fumbled through my bag at the airport or hotel counter trying to dig out my passport and airline tickets. Totally unglam!

For those who have no clue what a travel wallet is, it is a wallet that has pockets/compartments for all your essential travel documents - passport, tickets, boarding passes, frequent flyer cards, currencies etc. I would say a must have for all those frequent travellers who want to travel in style!

Before I depart for London, I tell myself I will get one from Smythson. Smythson of Bond Street is a British manufacturer of luxury stationery, leather goods and accessories based in London. My very hip UK colleague introduced me to this luxury store when we checked out a diary for his friend. I was hooked when I saw their range of lovely diaries and organisers! I realise in UK, most people are still sticking to the good old paper diaries and notebooks despite the availability of PDAs. If you are also still holding on to the good old fashion paper, check out the full range at their original store at New Bond Street (40 New Bond Street London W1S 2DEUK). You can also browse through their online catalogue at http://www.smythson.com/. For those departing from Heathrow Terminal 3, I would recommend you to get yours there as the price you pay will be before VAT. A substantial amount of savings given that the VAT is 17.5%!

Anyway, back to the travel wallet...My first choice was actually a lovely travel wallet in a shade known as Aqua Adamo. Doesn't the colour just remind you of that to-die-for little blue box from Tiffany & Co? Unfortunately (or fortunately), it is out of stock. This babe costs GBP305 (close to S$1K!) which is alittle off the budget. However, if it had been in stock, I must say I will be seriously tempted to just whip out my credit card and swipe it!!

In the end, I settled for the shocking pink version which only cost me GBP174 at the Smythson outlet in Heathrow Airport Terminal 3. This lovely wallet from Smythson has compartments that are nicely labelled. How cool! The shocking pink colour also means that I will be able to find it easily in my bag. Imagine whipping this out of my bag at the check-in counter or hotel!

I can't wait for my next trip!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by blossom179 at 10:03 PM |


0 Comments: